Dr. Brueck offers the latest and newest technologies to ensure optimal breast surgery outcomes. Whether you want to increase, decrease, or change the contour of your breasts, there is a surgery option for you.
- Breast Augmentation – A breast augmentation is done to increase the size as well as improve the shape and fullness of a woman’s breasts using implants.
- Breast Lift – This procedure removes excess skin from sagging breasts, as well as raises the nipple to create a more youthful breast appearance.
- Breast Reduction – A breast reduction is done to reduce the size of the breasts by removing excess skin and tissue.
- Breast Reconstruction – This procedure is done to restore one or both breasts after a lumpectomy, a partial mastectomy, or a mastectomy.
- Male Breast Reduction – Male breast reduction is done to reduce the size of the breasts using liposuction and/or tissue excision in men with gynecomastia.
- Breast Augmentation Revision – This procedure removes or replaces breast implants from a previous breast augmentation.
- Fat Grafting to the Breast – This is a breast augmentation option for those who want a small increase in breast size, using liposuction to remove fat from other parts of the body, then injecting it into the breasts.
What is the Best Age to Undergo Breast Surgery?
You must be at least 18 years old to undergo breast surgery. There is no upper age limit. Age has much less to do with your candidacy than other factors.
Things like pregnancy and nursing, lifestyle choices and environment, clothing preferences, and more can impact the appearance of your breasts. Dr. Brueck is a board-certified plastic surgeon with decades of experience helping women decide when it is best to undergo surgery. He is here to listen to your desires, discuss your options, and help you determine if now is the best time for your surgery.
Can Breast Surgeries be Combined?
Absolutely. Breast surgeries are often combined to address several issues and produce the most desirable results. Common combinations include breast lift with augmentation, breast reduction with lift, and various breast surgery options with body contouring for mommy makeovers and similarly extensive surgeries.
Will Breast Surgery Leave a Scar?
Yes. All surgical procedures leave a scar. However, Dr. Brueck takes every care to hide incisions where scars will be inconspicuous and follows state-of-the-art techniques that can further help to reduce the appearance of scars.
You play a role in scar visibility as well. Therefore, it is essential to keep incisions dry and clean, use a compression garment, avoid blood-thinning medications and supplements, and refrain from tobacco use before and after your procedure. We will provide pre and post-operative care instructions to help reduce your risks of scar development.
Scar ointments, sheets, and revision procedures can be used on surgical scars. If you have developed scars following surgery, we would be happy to provide additional information about these treatment options.
How Long After Breast Surgery can I Resume Normal Activities?
How long you will need to wait to resume normal activities will depend on the type of procedure you have performed, your body’s natural healing response, and other unique factors. However, many women take a week off of work after surgery and take four to six weeks before resuming more strenuous activities.
Dr. Brueck will help you determine when it is advisable to begin demanding activities during your follow-up visits.
Does Insurance Cover Breast Surgery?
Insurance will not cover most breast procedures. However, by an act of congress, all insurance companies must provide coverage for the cost of breast reconstruction following mastectomy.
We will discuss payment options and financing during your initial consultation to help you plan accordingly and ensure you have the necessary information.
Discover the best option for enhancing your breast at a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Brueck by calling 239-939-5233 today. Beauty by Brueck serves patients in and around Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Punta Gorda, and nearby areas of Florida.