Mommy Makeover surgery is a comprehensive combination of procedures intended to address the myriad ways pregnancy and nursing impact the physical and emotional comfort of moms. While each mommy makeover procedure is unique, treatments that may be combined include:
- Breast procedures to address volume loss, ptosis (sagging), nipple displacement, and stretch marks
- Body procedures to improve contours, remove stubborn fat deposits and excess skin, and reattach abdominal muscles
- Facial procedures to reduce jowls, contour the jawline, eliminate double chin, and lift sagging skin
Each mommy makeover is slightly different and should be based on the exact needs and concerns of the patient. Your selection of surgeon can make a significant difference in which procedures are offered, how effectively they are performed, and how satisfying your final results will be.
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons vs. Cosmetic Surgeons
Anyone with a medical degree can study aesthetic procedures and call themselves a “cosmetic surgeon.” There is no medical board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) that certifies “cosmetic” surgeons.
The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), which is recognized by the ABMS, certifies plastic surgeons. To obtain this distinction, a surgeon must first:
- Graduate from an accredited medical school
- Complete a minimum of three years of residency training in general surgery through an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) approved facility
- Complete a minimum of two additional years of residency training specifically in plastic surgery through an ACGME approved facility
- Submit to the ABPS all operative reports along with pre and postoperative photographs of procedures performed for six months after going into practice
- Pass comprehensive written and oral examinations
To remain certified, a surgeon must meet yearly continuing education requirements along with frequent reviews from the board. In this way, you can be assured that when you choose a board-certified plastic surgeon, you are selecting a dedicated professional whose background, training, and expertise have made them uniquely suited to meet your needs.
Contact Us to Learn More
Dr. Robert Brueck is board-certified by the ABPS and fully committed to helping women interested in improving their comfort reach their goals. If you are considering a procedure or would simply like to learn more about your options, please call 239-939-5233 to schedule a consultation at our Fort Myers, Punta Gorda, or Cape Coral office today.