Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, helps sculpt and tone the body's midsection. While each procedure is unique and customized to meet the needs of the individual, some potential benefits can easily be overlooked. During your initial consultation at one of our Southwest Florida offices, we will listen to your concerns and provide detail about the procedure to help you determine if it is the right fit for your needs.
Benefits of tummy tuck surgery may include:
- Increased Core Strength. The tightening of separated abdominal muscles can increase core strength and balance.
- Hernia Prevention. Treating diastasis recti reduces risks for umbilical herniation.
- Better Range of Motion. Removing excess skin and fat from the belly may make forward and lateral movement easier.
- Stretch Mark Elimination. Excising loose and sagging skin removes stretch marks from the abdominal area.
- Improved Clothing Options. A slimmer and more toned physique can open up a world of more form-fitting and figure-revealing outfits.
During tummy tuck surgery, stubborn fat deposits are permanently eliminated from the belly and hips before paunchy skin is removed. This helps to reveal underlying musculature and definition. When abdominal muscles are tightened, the waist is also drawn in, enhancing natural contours and creating a more toned overall appearance. While results from abdominoplasty vary, there are some similarities between each procedure. Dr. Brueck will listen to your concerns and discuss the benefits and limitations of the procedure to help ensure its potential results align with your expectations.
Are Tummy Tuck Results Permanent?
With weight gain, the skin stretches to accommodate new accumulations of fat. When weight fluctuates, much of this skin can remain. Unfortunately, so too can stubborn collections of fat, particularly in areas like the hips and belly. Once removed through liposuction, this fat cannot come back. Similarly, excess skin removed during abdominoplasty does not magically reappear. However, weight management is essential for continued results. New fat can accumulate, and when it does, the skin will once again stretch to provide space. Healthy living is the best way to avoid this issue and help to ensure your tummy tuck results are long-lasting.
To learn more about tummy tuck surgery, please call Beauty by Brueck at 239-939-5233 for a consultation at our Cape Coral, Punta Gorda, or Ft. Myers office today.